11.16.2007

Illustrator Wanted

ADVENTure In Carols 2006

Here ye! Here ye! The Great & Mighty King of Jingaling is looking for an illustrator to create some nice, Christmas-y cover art for his annual ADVENTure in Carols collection. Let's hear it from the King's own mouth (er...keyboard):


I'm looking for an artist to do the cover for this year's ADVENTure in Carols collection over at FaLaLaLaLa.com.

This will be the fourth annual collection of Christmas music goodness. I did the cover for the first collection. But the past two years have seen the beautiful work of Steve Mack and Ward Jenkins, who have added their immeasurable talents to the projects.

This is not a paid job. It's a labor of Christmas love. So if you have a flair for retro holiday style, pass me an email or message.

I can't wait to see the great cover that will grace this year's collection.

Thanks,

Brad
King of Jingaling



I've mentioned FaLaLaLaLa.com before on this post. I talked about making my cover HERE. I really enjoyed doing it. I know that the pro bono thing doesn't sit too well with some of you out there in illustration-land, but Brad's not making a penny off the ADVENTure series anyway. I did it, and I don't regret it at all. A great guy, Brad just does this because he loves sharing his massive collection of Christmas song oddities. Contact Brad here if you're interested. Looking forward to see what this year's ADVENTure cover looks like!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks, my friend.

    This is one of the joys of the internet.... Coming together and meeting/working with special and talented people. It's a great community.

    And if you're at all Christmassy (did I just type that?), stop on by the forums at FaLaLaLaLa and you'll meet some of the nicest folks (and find out about far more Christmas music than what gets to the front page of the site).

    Brad
    aka The King of Jingaling

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome site, why haven't I found it before??
    Interested, yesssss, we are... :)

    I'm thinking sexy tree-topper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh, I adore Xmas music. What's Brad's deadline on this? I'd love to do it! ...if he likes my work, that is. Whoever does it has a high bar to reach because of you! Can I show him samples?

    BTW, John Waters put out his own collection of Xmas ditties a few years ago, and they are WEIRD but great.

    ReplyDelete