8.08.2006

And we're back

It's been a bit hectic since we've returned from our vacation that I completely forgot to mention it here. The family is back and safe from our trip Sunday night, however, we are definitely missing the beach and pool. Would love to go into more details about our vacation, but I do have obligations here at work. Not to worry! We took tons of photos and plan to upload most of them soon. Between me and Andrea I'm sure you'll get your fill.

My Hands
My Hands, illustrated by Aliki, 1962. Posted by Eric Sturdevant.

I've been meaning to post about this, since it concerns my Flickr group, The Retro Kid: several months ago I accidentally changed the status of the group from public to private. Only members could view the images—the only way to join was to get an invite from one of the members. You'd be sent to a broken link page if you clicked on a link to the group, and all the RSS feeds were distrupted. I never liked this because I've always felt that all of that wonderful artwork from that time should be seen by everyone, not just a select few. After much deliberation I decided to start up a new public Retro Kid, open to all. Please note the new url address, and please update all your links: Retro Kid. We are in the process of transferring all the images over into the new group, so please be patient. In the meantime, check out the new stuff that our loyal members have been posting recently. Excellent work that has been forgotten throughout the years, ready to be admired by a new generation.

One thing that I, along with some of the other members have noticed about the move to the new Kid is that it's been very cool to rediscover the illustrations and artwork all over again. Kinda get complacent when you have a big group like this, so it's been nice to be inspired a second, third, even forth time.

Maybe I'll move the Retro Kid every year to keep us all on our toes.

Nah. Don't think so.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back!
    Glad to hear that the vacation was great. And Yaaaaay for the Retro Kid! I hope the world is ready :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL...if the Retro Kid library contains more illustrations like this one with "sweet" children giving us the double finger, then I'll be sure to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your retro kid group.
    (+ your daddy crown).
    i'll update the url on my blogroll.
    i keep meaning to post pictures to the pool too.
    happy summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's my wallpaper since a year ago!

    ReplyDelete