6.05.2006

Looking for volunteers!

Hey guys, if you live in the Atlanta area, we need your help! ASIFA-Atlanta has offered to help out Image for this year's Animation Extravaganza at the Atlanta Film Festival and we need volunteers for both shifts that night. We are very honored to offer our help and expertise on this exciting night of animation. If you live in the Atlanta area and think you could offer your time to help out for the night, please let us know. Here's all the info you need to know:

The Animation Extravaganza is being held this year on June 15th at Garden Hills Cinema and they are looking for around 10 volunteers to work the 6:30pm-9:15pm shift and 10 for the 9:15pm-Midnight shift. Volunteers will be responsible for crowd control, answering pertinent questions about ASIFA and animation, pointing folks in the parking lot at the Garden Hills in the right direction, passing out ASIFA information, etc.

Jake Jacobson, the Festival Director, has generously offered that if you volunteer for one of the shifts, you can be his guest for the other show.

If you are interested in volunteering, please let us know as soon as possible.

Thanks!


Pretty cool, huh? You get to check out the show, which will be a great one! If you can help out, please get in contact with Vella as soon as possible. (Let her know which shift you can do.)

I'll post a full rundown of what's on the bill for the evening later on today. Loads of award-winners!

Thanks, guys.

4 comments:

  1. Darn, I'll be in Atlanta in July... can't they postpone it just one month? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably a stupid question but...do you have to be a memeber of ASIFA in order to help?
    I'm plannin on joining I just don't have to the bucks to get it done by that date.
    Thought I'd ask though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's okay if you're not a member yet. As long as you're thinking about it, but you know you can be of some service for us during the Animation Extravaganza night, that'd be fine with me. I'll talk with Vella, though, just to make sure.

    But we definitely need warm bodies to help!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an ASIFA member! I wish I could go to an Asifa-Atlanta shindig, I'll tell ya that. Same old faces in Hollywood, don't you know. I'll bet your events are a blast!

    ReplyDelete