6.30.2006

Happy days are here again

Happy Days card: The FonzI'm taking off for the Great White North later on today to be reunited with my family—I'm so happy I could just spit! To celebrate this occasion, how about a pair of Happy Days bubblegum cards? These were found in an old worn out box that contained a bunch of my old belongings from back in the day. I'm talking about 1976, kids. I was 7 years old at the time and it seemed like Happy Days was the biggest thing on TV. Our family watched that show like it was going out of style. And The Fonz? Man, he was the shiz-nit, wasn't he? Everyone loved him and wanted to be like him. Well, at least in my neck of the woods. I remember kids in my grade school acting out Fonzerelli poses and quoting signature lines from the show. This and Welcome Back Kotter. We always gravitated to those rebellious types, those who were "on the fringe", I guess you could say.

For seconds, here's another bubblegum card featuring Potsie and the show's Everyman, Richie Cunningham:
Happy Days card: Potsie and Ricky

I'm so excited to see my family! Driving up tonight and coming back on the 4th (that's always fun). Have a great weekend and a fantastic 4th of July! See ya soon.

7 comments:

  1. ahhhhh...see now at my house
    we pretended to be
    pinky and leather tuscadero.

    sigh.

    those were the days
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, sit on it! or should I say "Up your nose with a rubber hose."

    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aeeeeeeeh ( Trying to sound like the Fonz)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you pass near Kenosha/Milwaukee/Chigago, stop by and say hi....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny thing is I was at a used bookstore this weekend and came across a Happy Days paperback and it had almost that exact picture of Fonzie on it.
    "Fonzie Drops In" was the title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, I had such a thing for the fonz. now I have thing for you.

    (it was so great to see you walk through that door at 3 am) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think we should get shed of all the politicions in D.C. and just put Fonzie in control of everything. im sure everybody would get a fair shake then. Aeeeeeeh.

    ReplyDelete