2.26.2006

Jellyfishies


To my surprise, this photo I took of Ava and Ezra taking a gander at some jellyfish on a recent visit to the massive Georgia Aquarium was listed as one of the "most interesting photos" of February 06 2006 as part of the Flickr: Explore! calendar. Apparently it's all based on "interestingness." I had no clue that this photo was even up there, but I guess it's a good thing. I'm flattered and I'm honored.

I can't believe I was able to keep the camera still long enough to capture this shot. I was certain that it would come out all blurry, but I guess not. And by the way, there was no photo-tweaking done on this shot -- no color alterations, no Photoshopping. What you see is what you get.

9 comments:

  1. I have to admit, this is probably my all-time favorite Ava/Ezra photograph that you've taken. Not only is it a sweet image, the composition, subject matter, and color are saturated in 100% pure inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice COLOR...and composition. You can see all the little stingers flowing behind that jellyfish. Am I on an observation deck looking at another planet?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just tear-jerkingly beautiful!! I am SOOOO jealous that you've been to the Aquarium... Maybe I'll get to go one of these days.

    Beautiful photo man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one amazing shot there! saw it in the "interestingness" - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -long time reader, first time comment-er.

    wow! great photo. the color of blue is un-real and the details on the jellyfish are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo should be titled "None More Blue".

    "It's like, how much more blue could this be? and the answer is none. None more blue."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice shot... That blue is amazing. Add some star flecks and it could be a portal on an interstellar flight. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something might be attained far in the future from this memory deposit into a young child's mind at this particular time as they apparently discover an observer's unlimited range of perception and experience out there in the wild blue yonder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not surprized...
    I am simply amazed. Beautiful picture. At first glance I thought it's painting,... so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete