2.15.2006

I've been DWB'ed



This is pretty cool. I'm the latest designer to be featured on Designers Who Blog, a site devoted to, well, blogging designers. And because of the ever-changing environment of that particular industry, they're also including illustrators, photographers, and those in marketing, etc. Now I, too, have one of those snazzy banners that are featured in the main header on a rotating basis. Looking forward to seeing my bearded mug up there -- so far, no dice. But I'm patient.

Thanks, Jeope for mentioning me and my blog to Catherine of DWB. This is quite an honor. When my blog can make a woman snort out loud in a quiet British pub, you know I must be doing something right.

12 comments:

  1. And well deserved, Ward. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I love your blog + your retro kid flickr pool!!!!

    Can you please shave your beard to look like your favicon? you will look even groovier!

    You are supercool! Your blog makes me very happy!
    mod*mom
    modmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Ward! That's so cool!

    P.S. Don't forget the little people, now! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Are you now officially allowed to call yourself a DWeeB or is that frowned upon?

    Tangent: "Bearded Mug" - wasn't that a famous surrealist sculpture? Oh, wait - "Fur Teacup." Nevermind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. COOL! Congratulations! ^^ Wish my blog banner was somethin' as cool as yours. Yup, you definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cat featured "the nonist" in october ward but i have still never gotten around to sending her a photo! but if you're gonna be up there in the header i have to hop to it! can't let you get all the glory!

    though i will admit your beard has reached a impressive perportions. perhaps i out to start up a "designers with beards" site...

    anyway, congrats w.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, jmorrison -- once I got past that prickly first month, it was smooth sailing. No problem. And I'd totally be down with a Designers With Beards site! Very cool. Jared? You up with that?

    Thanks, guys for the salutations. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I'm jealous! What a cool thing to be recomended like that. And you got a snazzy headshot to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drat! I wish you would have told me the Designers Who Beard idea a few days ago! I just shaved mine this past weekend (http://flickr.com/photos/jaredchapman/100411526/)! Good news is that it won't take too long to get back... I am part moose after all.

    Great to see the Wardomatic get some props. I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cool for the very cool designer!!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete